Friday, July 15, 2011

Tray 2

It's the start of Tray 2 of 31 and week 3 of 62. I was very surprised this morning when I took off the trays to brush my teeth. I put them on last night and was expecting my teeth to hurt this morning like they had with the first trays. But they didn't hurt at all. They are very tight and there is lots of pressure so I know they are moving my teeth, but I was actually a little disappointed there wasn't even a little bit of pain. I guess I figured that the pain would show they are working. Once again, the top tray is very difficult to get off and I'm scared it's going to crack, especially because when I took my first top tray off for the last time, I did notice it had a very tiny crack, but nothing major and luckily I was already changing to the next tray. I've gotten pretty used to wearing the trays and I hardly even notice when they are on. I can tell the difference when they are on or off but there really isn't anymore discomfort when I have them on. I was very worried that people would notice them when I first started with tray 1 and I was very self conscious when talking. But now they don't even cross my mind when I'm talking because I've gotten so used to having them on. We'll see if I still feel that way after I get the attachments. I don't think they are going to be too noticeable but in my mind they will probably be screaming "Hey everybody look at me!" I've still been pretty diligent about frequently brushing my teeth and the trays and also flossing. It's only been 2 weeks so hopefully I can keep this up. I will probably take pictures of my teeth after I finish with this 2nd set of trays because the movements are so minor with each tray that there aren't any noticeable changes yet. Maybe after 2 trays I will be able to see a little bit of a difference. I kind of doubt it but I will take pictures anyway so I can keep track and be able to look back at the end of treatment and see the process from month to month. I will make sure to post again if anything exciting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment